I am a founder, engineering manager and developer in NYC. I recently decided to leave Stack Overflow, and am taking some time to find my next thing. I’d like to start something new or join something small.
For now, I am looking for interesting people to meet and collaborate with. Ideas:
- Data science, and NLP in particular. I see opportunities in extracting features from unstructured text. Here’s one idea.
- Fixing niche problems with domain experts. There is a remarkable amount of friction/entropy within industries and across systems, that people will pay to fix.
Most recently, I was Engineering Manager at Stack Overflow, overseeing the team building the Talent product. A few essays about management:
I like Go and C#, and high-performance web applications.
- I am working on a tokenizer and lemmatizer in Go, called Jargon.
- I created a package for generics for Go, called gen.
- I built Stack Overflow tag correlations.
- All of the engineering for Alikewise.
- A fun little classical radio player.
- And of course, a lot of the code in Stack Overflow Talent.
I founded and led engineering for Alikewise, a dating site based on books.
Non-technical folks appreciate my ability to explain technology, and how to get things done with engineers. At Stack Overflow, this meant salespeople and technical recruiters.
I offer this expertise on a consulting basis, for your teams.
I am reachable at firstname.lastname@example.org and +1 415 516-5121.